Roger Moore Institute of Hypnotherapy
Best Practice in the Use of Hypnotherapy for People Living with a Neurocognitive Disorder & End of Life
Alzheimer’s and other Dementias
End of Life
Streaming Video Recording
Developed and Facilitated by:
Dr. Daniel J Nightingale
PCSC; RN; PhD; LD (doc); ADHP (NC); ECCH; FNSHP
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
Certified Counselor & Registered Hypnotherapist
List price $350.00
Now Only $259.00
Expand Your Health Care Support Practice
There were an estimated 46.8 million people worldwide living with dementia in 2015
About this class
This streaming video course is facilitated over approximately 18 hours and is aimed at existing clinicians wishing to further develop their existing clinical skills, knowledge and competence in older care or those wishing to develop a new clinical interest.
Dr Daniel Nightingale and Dr Simon Duff collaborated on researching the use of hypnotherapy for people living with a neurocognitive disorder (dementia). This research led to 3 major publications, worldwide interest and the development of this course.
Segment 1: Alzheimer’s and other Dementias with Dr. Dan
(6.5 hours streaming video course) focuses solely on neurocognitive disorders (dementias) and present person centered care approaches within the UK and US. Areas covered include types of neurocognitive disorders, brain pathology and risk factors, empathy, environmental factors, appropriate memory aid strategies and activities.
Dr. Dan reviews the evidence from the published work in this field by Duff and Nightingale; the assessment process; ethical issues and use of hypnotherapy and psychotherapy in clinical practice.
Segment 2: End of Life and Palliative Care with Dr. Dan & Roger (2 hours streaming video course) will concentrate on Hypnosis and Mindfulness for End of Life Care. You will learn skills to build your confidence and comfort in supporting people who are living with life threatening illness.
Segment 3: Independent Study (Approximately 6 hours completing Hypnotherapy for Alzheimer’s and Other Dementias Workbook)
Segment 4: Marketing and Q & A with Dr. Dan, Kathleen & Roger (2 hours streaming video course) Kathleen and Roger discuss how to market Hypnosis for Memory Care.
Segment 5: One-On-One Skype Session with Dr. Dan (1 Hour) You will demonstrate your course knowledge. This is required to receive your Certification in Hypnotherapy for Alzheimer’s And Other Dementias from Dr. Dan.
Segment 6: Optional Written Exam for IMDHA Specialty Certification
In this IMDHA-certified course* you will learn:
*IMDHA certification optional at additional fee
- To equip qualified therapists with the most up-to-date knowledge of present day philosophies of care for people living with a neurocognitive disorder and their loved ones.
- To equip qualified therapists with the skills, knowledge and clinical competence that will ensure the most up to date and best practice in this area is offered to people with a neurocognitive disorder.
- To equip qualified therapists with the skills, knowledge and clinical competence to support people at the end of their life.
- To provide qualified therapists with appropriate and relevant support and guidance in the provision of hypnotherapy to this client group.
Only if the facilitators are satisfied that the student is competent to practice in this area will Dr Nightingale sign the certificate provided by Dementia Therapy Specialists.
Each student will be expected to demonstrate clinical competency in:
- Communication and Consultation and assessment, including confidentiality and consensual issues
- The development of an appropriate treatment plan which takes into consideration a person centered care approach and the implementation of the treatment plan
- Record keeping and documentation
In addition, each student will be expected to demonstrate a working and clinical knowledge of:
- The various types of neurocognitive disorders and the risk factors implicated in this disease
- Present day philosophies of care based on person centered care approaches
- Conventional treatments available, including both pharmacological and non-pharmacological
- End of life issues
Meet Dr. Dan Nightingale, Kathleen Nightingale & Roger Moore