Roger Moore Institute of Hypnotherapy
Receive email updates on our courses
Doulagivers Certified End-of-Life Doula Training
with Suzanne B. O’Brien, RN, Doulagivers Founder, Speaker, Author
Additional End of Life Hypnosis Specialty Certification Available
with Kelley T. Woods & Roger Moore
End of Life Doula Training
This is the highest level of EOL Doula education, skills and training available. This includes The award winning Doulagivers End of Life Doula Model of Care, End of Life Doula Scope of Practice, and Standards of Care. Doulas will learn everything to do for a patient and family from the time someone is diagnosed all the way through to helping families with grief and re-entering life after loss. They will learn how to care for the patient holistically- physical, emotionally, and spiritually in all 3 phases of End of Life.
End of Life Certification Training
Doulagivers Certified End-of-Life Training is a non-medical course. Doulas are highly educated; Learning everything from the time of diagnosis to how to help families even after their loved one has passed.
The certification course is one of the most comprehensive, all-encompassing end of life educational programs available to assist patients and families holistically at this very precious time in their lives.
This training empowers individuals to embrace the concept of community; caring for each other at the end of life.
End of Life training is appropriate for everyone:
- Mental Health Counselors
- Social Workers
- Hospice Workers
- Medical Doctors
- Healthcare Professionals
- Community Members
You will learn about the three phases of end-of-life and the interventions they can use to provide comfort and support to both the patient and their loved ones.
The need is now
- 617.1 million people are
over the age of 65 world-wide
- 47.8 million people are
over the age of 65 in the U.S.
- One baby boomer dies
every 20.6 seconds in the U.S.
- There will be 4,204 baby boomer deaths
today in the U.S.
There is an overwhelming need for these services and support. This training is your opportunity for you to meet a growing need in your community.
What is an End of Life Doula?
An End of Life Doula is a non-medical person trained to care for someone holistically (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) at the end of life.
End of Life Doulas are also known around the world as: end of life coaches, soul midwives, transition guides, death coaches, death doulas, doula to the dying, end of life doulas, death midwives, thanadoula, and end of life guides.
Comprehensive, intensive training to support
End-of-Life Doulas receive comprehensive, intensive training to support someone from the time of a terminal diagnosis until the time of death.
They provide holistic support for the person throughout all the transitional aspects of dying, as well as help the person’s family to “re-enter” life after loss.
Make a Difference for Someone Facing the End-of-Life Process
You will learn:
The three phases of end-of-life:
- The Shock Phase
- The Stabilization Phase
- The Transition Phase.
What interventions can be used in each of the three phases to ensure optimal comfort and care.
Application of the learning through the use of case studies with real end-of-life scenarios to reinforce the knowledge presented.
The Top Ten End of Life Disease Processes
The Most Common Medications used in End of Life Care
Case studies using real end of life scenarios. Application from the learning of the top 10-disease process and the common medications will be used in each case study.
This will allow students to reinforce their learning and be able to put the Doula skills into practice.
When Science Meets the Bedside
Your Doula Comfort Kit
Creating a Self-Care Practice For Yourself
End of Life planning
- Obituaries, Eulogies
- Creating Legacy and Remembrances with Your Patient
- End of Life Options
- Funerals, cremations, green/Natural Burials
- Home Wakes/Home Funerals
- Life Celebrants
What to do When Your patient Dies
- The Truth about Children and Death
- Learning Skills for Healthy Grieving
- End of Life Doula Mission Statement
- Code of Ethics
Starting Your End of Life Doula Practice
- End of Life Doula Interview Checklist
- End of Life Doula Family agreement
- End of Life Doula Patient Template
- End of Life Doula Network- The Global Community
- Marketing Your Doulagivers Practice
Complete Business Building Series
- Website template and verbiage, FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn verbiage and templates.
- Scripts and outlines to use on the phone and in-person.
- Access to weekly office hours for questions and support.
- How to create your practices payment scales, fees and packages.
- Access to our Private Doulagivers Face Book group and forum.
- Access to our Monthly Doulagivers Network Conference Call where we give ongoing education, business,and marketing tools. We also give you the latest information on national initiatives being put in place for the End of Life Doula profession.
- All Forms for your End of Life Doula practice: End of Life Patient Template, Doulagivers Interview Checklist Form, Authorization to Talk with Medical Staff Form, and the Patient/Family End of Life Doula Agreement and Disclaimer Form.
Doulagivers includes several marketing tools that are invaluable to starting your end of life doula practice:
- Listing on the Doulagivers Doula Directory http://www.doulagivers.com/find-a-doula/
- Access to the latest information on National Initiatives and policy being made for the End of Life Doula profession and practice. Major announcements to be made in January 2018. Use of logo and all PR from Doulagivers.
- The “8 Steps to Launching a Successful End of Life Doula Practice” Step by step instructions to setting up and being successful in your new practice. Downloadable PDF.
- Permission to use The “Doulagivers Discussions on Death and Dying Seminar Series”. This is a monthly seminar series to be given at your local library. It includes all materials and a press release.
- Permission to use The 30 Minute Power Point Presentation ” What is a Doulagiver End of Life Doula”. Doulas may show this to local organizations, churches and gatherings. Be known as the “Go To” Resource in your community.
- The ” 5 Steps to Finding End of Life Doula Clients” downloadable PDF.
- Doulagivers Press release. This is your personal announcement that you are a certified End of Life Doula and how people can access your services.
- Ongoing business and marketing support through the Monthly Doulagivers Network Conference Calls.
Meet Suzanne, Kelley and Roger
Doulagivers End-of-Life Doula Practitioners Training Certification
Upon Completion of the Doulagivers End-of-Life Doula Practitioners Training individuals have the opportunity to apply for certification. Doulagivers certification is modeled after that of the birthing Doula. Doulagivers is certifying that the individual is knowledgable and competent in providing holistic care to the individuals and their families throughout the end of life processes. Doulagivers holds their Doulas to a high standard of conduct and ethical practice.
Register Now and SAVE!
All students who take Levels 1, 2 & 3 are eligible for Doulagivers End-of-Life Doula Practitioners Training Certification for an additional $19.95.
Streaming Video Recording
Doulagivers Certification also includes:
- Lifetime access to all training modules in The End of Life Doula Classroom
- Lifetime membership in the End-of-Life Doula FB Community
- Ongoing mentorship and coaching support
- Business Building and Marketing Your Doulagivers Practice Series
International Doulagivers Institute
Education, training and compassion
Due to the enormous number of the elder population, there is an overwhelming need for these services and support.
Attending this training program is one of the most important decisions you will make.
End of Life Hypnosis Certification
Kelley T. Woods and Roger Moore have again combined their years of Healthcare Support Hypnosis to create an End of Life Hypnosis Certification training.
This class is for hypnotherapists who have successfully completed the Doulagivers End of Life Certification.
Click on the button below for details.
End of Life Hypnotic Skills for Healthcare Support Professionals
Kelley T. Woods and Roger Moore discuss and demonstrate hypnotic skills that you can use to support your patient or loved one who is nearing the end of life. No prior training in hypnosis is required.
This class is for Medical doctors, nurses, mental health counselors, social workers, hospice workers, CNAs, caregivers, family members, friends who have successfully completed the Doulagivers End of Life Certification.
Click on the button below for details